Tub Holiday Cottage Litton is centrally situated in this pretty village which has spacious greens, village stocks, a stone cross and a lovely children’s playground.
Litton is a small community with 17th century pub and shop/Post Office run by local volunteers. It is in the beautiful Peak District, surrounded by fields and close to the popular Monsal Trail. The eastern end of the village overlooks Tansley Dale and Ravensdale, a National Nature Reserve popular with walkers.
Tub Holiday Cottage Litton is typical of many of the village cottages. Litton comprises mostly small cottages, though there are some fine large houses and many old buildings. Litton was once a lead miner’s village and In the eighteenth century it had a flourishing stocking making industry. In Litton Dale the remnants of an ancient medieval field system with long narrow fields, may still be seen.
Litton lies halfway between Bakewell and Buxton and one mile from Tideswell which has a bank, butchers, delicatessen/bakery and small supermarket, together with cafés, pubs and gift shop.
Tub Holiday Cottage Litton may be in the middle of a small village but if you wish to use public transport, there is a regular bus service to surrounding villages as well as Bakewell, Buxton, Manchester and Sheffield. In addition, Hope Railway Station is only a few miles away and we can arrange pick up and drop off for guests on request.
Experience the real Peak District
- Locally brewed beer and locally produced food available at many of the local shops.
- Experience the unique history of the area: Litton and Cressbrook Cotton Mills, lead mining, farming and Well Dressing in the Summer months.
- Visit Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Hardwick Hall and Lyme Park all within easy distance.
Local Sports and Activities near Tub Holiday Cottage Litton.
- Experience gentle walks or strenuous hikes.
- The Silva Navigation School is based nearby, teaching map and compass skills to outdoor enthusiasts
- Cycling – mountain, road or leisure – we can offer advice on the best rides for different capabilities.
- High wire, canoeing, quad biking, abseiling and archery – there are a range of outdoor activity centres all within easy reach of Litton.
- We specialise in advising on family activities so if there is something you want to do, just ask us. We can also organise activities for you in advance of your stay or advise on an itinerary to make sure you make the most of your time here.